Q-Learning Institute 2021-2022 Fall Semester Classes Registration Guide
- Teaching Method
According to students’ feedback, except for the written responses of two families and oral replies of three families, who would like to have in class teaching, all the other parents did not provide any comments on preferred method of teaching. Therefore, Q-Learning Institute decides to continue with online teaching method for the new school year. In class teaching will take place in spring semester, and there will be two ways of teaching, including both offline and online by then. There is a limit of 8 students each class for online learning and 15 students each class for in class learning.
- School Year Calendar
September 11, 2021 (Saturday) to January 28, 2022 (Friday) is the fall semester. February 05, 2022 (Saturday) to June 30, 2022 (Thursday) is the spring semester. 17 weeks in each semester, and 34 weeks in total for the whole academic year.
- Subjects Offered
Olympic Math, Chinese, Art, Pinyin & Typing, English Writing, English Public Speaking, Debate, DECA Competition;
Math, Physics, Chemistry, Chess Competition, French Writing, French Speaking, AP Math, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, IB math, IB Physics, IB Chemistry;
Piano, IELTS, SSAT, HSK Test, Computer Programming, SAT, ESL and all credit courses.
- Fee Structure and Promotion (For registration before July 30)
- A) All courses of Mr. Hull, Olympic Math for Grades 1-7 of Ping Li, and all courses for Grades 9-12 are discounted from $1,020 per academic year to $850. $480 per semester if paid by semester;
- B) Chinese class is 85 hours in a school year, full price is $1,680, and the promotional price is $1,280;
- C) Each level of HSK test class, Pinyin & Typing (including word basics) and Computer Programming contains 18 hours. Full price is $450, and the promotional price is $405;
- D) IELTS has 110 hours/session, $3,980, passing guaranteed; ESL 40 hours/level, $1,100/session;
- E) SAT 60-110 hours, $3000-4800; SSAT 45 hours/session, $2800 per session.
- F) Except for items A-E, the fees for the rest of the subjects will be discounted from $1,020 to $780 for the whole school year, regardless of the level of the class. The fee is $450 per semester if paid by semester;
- G) There is an additional discount of $100 per academic year if a family register for 5 subjects, and an additional discount of $60 if a single student registers for 3 subjects. The additional discount is halved if the fees are paid by semester;
- H) Chinese textbooks are developed by Q-Learning Institute. Textbook fee is $40 per academic year. There is no additional material fee for all other subjects.
- Incentive Policy
- A) Each family will get $20 reward if 3 families (no matter new or existing students) pay together;
- B) Log in to the job searching website of Qijia Group, jiajiale.ca , and you will get a reward of $1-$100. For details, please refer to the reward policy and cash withdrawal instruction on the website;
- C) Share this registration information on Wechat, get 30 points by collecting 10 likes. Get 50 points by collecting 15 likes. Get 100 points by collecting 20+ likes. The points will be used to deduct registration fees;
- D) Get $10 reward for every 10 student volunteers registered on jiajiale.ca ;
- E) During the promotional period, existing students will get $30-$50 reward by introducing new students. Both existing students and new students will get $30-$50 reward after the promotional period;
- F) Students enroll in our private high school will be rewarded $150 for credit courses. In the mean time, they are also eligible for all above promotions.
- Special Notice
- A) The student assessment system will be restored in the new school year. The annual honoring ceremony will be held at the end of the school year to recognize outstanding students, outstanding parents, and outstanding instructors;
- B) Starting from September 1, Q-Learning Institute will carry out student birthday celebrations. The list of those who will have their birthdays next month will be announced at the end of the current month. If the student is willing to celebrate his/her birthday together with others, the administration team of Qijia Group will organize the event by inviting students, parents and teachers. Q-Learning Institute will be responsible for the birthday gift of the student. Otherwise, Q-Learning Institute will mail the birthday gift to the student’s home to celebrate his/her birthday;
- C) Q-Learning Institute plans to recruit teachers of Olympic Math, Secondary School Math, Art, English writing, French, IELTS, etc. in August. Parents are welcomed to refer experienced teachers to participate in the recruiting competition. 5-9 parent representatives will vote and result will be announced on the spot.
- School Year Holidays
- A) Labour Day-SEP06, Holidays: AUG28-SEP10;
- B) Thanks Giving-OCT11, Holidays: OCT09-OCT15;
- C) Christmas and New Year, Holidays: DEC20-JAN02;
- D) Lunar New Year, Holidays: JAN29-FEB04;
- E) Family Day-FEB21, Holidays: FEB19-FEB25;
- F) March Break, Holidays: MAR14-MAR20;
- G) Easter-APR18, Holidays: APR15-APR21;
- H) Victoria Day, Holidays: MAY21-MAY27.
- Payment Method
- A) Pay cash at the office. If you pay cash for more than $500, in addition to the above-mentioned promotion and rewards, you will get an additional 1% cash back, which will be cashed out on the spot.
- B) E_THANSFER. There is no additional rewards. ET email: QILUSHUYUAN@GMAIL.COM or QILUSHUYUAN@YAHOO.CA.
- Registration Hotline
Tel：416-332-2088；905-282-9889（English）；905-625-6078（Qijia Group English）
Office Hours：Mon.to Fri.8:00am–6:30pm, Sat. 9:00–4:30pm
Office Address：1550 SOUTH GATEWAY RD. MISSISSAUGA ON L4W 5G6 UNIT 228
June 23, 2021
Q-Learning Summer Class Now Starts, some sessions still have spots.
Registration for summer credit courses and tutoring courses is now open!
Details are as follows.
1. Teaching Method
Due to the pandemic, online classes are still being used as the main teaching method.
2. Subjects Offered
i) Credit courses: please refer to website https://www.leslieacademy.com
ii) The courses currently offered will start as usual. There will be two new classes in the subject of Chinese Pinyin.
3. Fee Structure before April 25
i) Credit Courses: $2250 for each credit. $300 off for one credit taken, $700 off for two credits taken, and referrer enjoys a $200 reward.
ii) Tutoring Courses: $270 for a single subject (including material fees and taxes), now discounted to $200, and there is an additional $80 off when a total of more than 4 subjects are registered in a family
iii) Chinese Pinyin Course: Full price is $290 for 9 weeks, including $20 for textbook and material. Complimentary for students enroll in the Chinese courses for fall 2021. $200 for all other students.
4. Fee Structure between April 25 and June 18
i) Credit Courses: $2250 per credit remains unchanged, $300 off for each credit regardless of total number of credits taken, and the referrer enjoys a reward of $300.
ii) Tutoring Courses: the full price of a single subject remains unchanged at $270, all discounted to $240, and receives an additional $20 points. The referrer can get a $50 reward if a referee enrolls in a course. Employees who are currently employed or have been employed by Qijia Group are eligible to receive up to $80 in reward when a referee enrolls in a course.
iii) Promotion ends after June 18.
5. Course Schedule and Proposed Holidays
The last date of this term is June 18th, 2021 (Friday). Summer term starts on June 19th (Saturday) and ends on August 27th (Friday), for a total of 9 weeks. Summer courses will start right after the end of this term, and there is no break between the two. Two weeks of proposed holiday is from June 26th to July 9th, school will be closed during this period.
6. Summer Course Subjects and Classes
The summer classes remain the same as they are now, that is, students will remain in their current classes during summer, and won’t be affected by the grades the students entering in September. The content of the lecture is arranged by the teacher to adapt to the students’ level. There will be review, preview, expansion, etc., which plays a role in connecting the previous term to the next. There are a maximum of 8 students in a class, and a class will be offered with at least 3 students. The length of the class will be changed from 1.5 hours to 1 hour if there are less than 3 students enrolled in the class.
7. Payment Method
The main campus in Mississauga is open from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm from Monday to Saturday. Other campus and office are all closed. Cash payment (1% discount) at the main campus or email transfer to email@example.com. Black Friday points can be used for registration.
8. Please find class schedule in attachment.
Q-Learning May 22 – May 28 Vacation Notice
Dear Q-Learning Instructors and Students:
1. May 24 is a statutory holiday, so the week May 22 to May 28 will be Q-Learning’s holiday, all group class will be suspended.
As for one-on-one classes, we encourage instructors to communicate directly with students to decide whether to have the days off.
2. This winter session will end on June 18, 2021.
3. Summer session will start from June 19 to August 27. During the session, from June 26 to July 9 there will be a 2-week long vacation.
4. For most instructors, summer class schedule will remain the same compared with winter classes. Please refer to email communications for final version of your summer schedule.
The new academic year is right at the corner, are you ready for it?
In order to keep our students and teachers safe, we have made decision to continue carrying the online learning for the first school term.
We have also limited the number of students in each class to ensure an outstanding teaching quality. Therefore, each online should have a minimum of 2 students to a maximum of 8 students.
Please take a look at the posted 2020 Fall Class Schedule to choose which class you would like to sign up for. We now have the Olympiad Math for grade 1-8, Math for grade 9-12, Physics, Chemistry, Writing, Public Speaking, Debate, French Writing/Speaking, Art (Watercolor/Sketch/Oil Painting/Cartoon Painting/Graphic Design), Chess, Pinyin(pre-school), Pinyin Typing, Chinese for grade 1-10, Piano, AP Math/Chemistry/Physics, and IB Math/Chemistry/Physics.
Tuition Fee and Early Bird Promotion (only if you sign up before August 21st, 2020)
Mr. Hull’s English
Ms.Li’s Math 1-6
Grade 9-12 Classes
All the other courses will be $380/term (early bird $360/term), and $760/year (early bird $660/year)
If one household (could be multiple members) sign up 5 courses at Q-Learning Institute, the household can enjoy a $60 cashback per term.
If one person signs up for 4 courses at Q-Learning Institute, he/she can enjoy a $60 cashback as well.
The Chinese courses will be using Q-Leaning Institute material for the upcoming academic year, therefore the learning material will be $40/ year.
School Year Duration:
The first term will start on September 5th, 2020 and will end on January 22nd,2021
The second term will start on January 30th, 2021 and will end on June 25th,202
- Q-Learning May 22-28 Vacation NoticeMay 16, 2021Q-Learning Institute May 22-28 Vacation Notice Dear Q-Learning Instructors and Students: 1. May 24 is a statutory holiday, so the week May 22 to May 28 will be Q-Learning’s holiday, all group class will be suspended. As for one-on-one classes, we encourage instructors to communicate directly with students to decide whether to have the days off. 2. This winter session will end on June 18, 2021. 3. Summer session will start from June 19 to August 27. During the session, from June 26 to July Read More »
- Q-Learning May 22-28 Vacation NoticeMay 16, 2021
- Congratulations to students win art contestsNovember 17, 2019
- New Courses New Instructors!September 21, 2019
- New Courses Promotions!September 5, 2019
- Last Days of Promotions!August 27, 2019
- 机器人和再生能源Camp开课July 29, 2019
- 准备好夏令营了吗？June 30, 2019
- 本学期最后一周课程June 23, 2019
- 2019年夏令营报名April 10, 2019